- "The dog is a yes-animal. Very popular with people who can't afford a yes man."
- Robertson Davies, Canadian author
- "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."
- Louis Sabin
- "Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of ther universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."
- Roger Caras
- "When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem."
- Edward Abbey
- "No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."
- Christopher Morley
- "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
- Andrew A. Rooney
- "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
- Mark Twain
- "Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane."
- Smiley Blanton
- "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts."
- John Steinbeck
- "When a dog bites a man that is not news, but when a man bites a dog that is news."
- Charles Anderson Dana, 'What is News?', The New York Sun 1882
- "Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear."
- Dave Barry
- "Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives."
- Sue Murphy
- "I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it."
- Abraham Lincoln
Dog Quotes Page 7
It All Adds Up